Male Hormone Imbalance Test
A Male hormone imbalance test by testing saliva is the most effective way to test for potential hormone imbalances in men and for those people that are taking steroids as could be the case with bodybuilders, the comprehensive hormone imbalance saliva test for men is carried out by Diagnostechs, to find out more go to the True Health Labs website here.
The reason for a saliva hormone test is that “active hormones” are being tested as opposed to only measuring protein bound hormones as is the case with a blood hormone test, a Male hormone imbalance test is important especially as the years go by.
How do you recognize the symptoms?
There are a number of symptoms related to hormonal imbalances in males the most common ones to look out for are:
- Weight gain
- Feeling demotivated
- Enlarged prostate
- Abnormal increase in emotions
- High BMI (body mass index)
- Loss of body hair
- Puffy nipples
- Areola widening
A number of health issues are associated with hormonal imbalances in the body and include:
What is tested in the Male hormone imbalance test?
All tests are free active hormone that include:
- Progesterone is often thought of in relation to female hormones, however males also produce progesterone as a precursor to estrogens and testosterone, of levels of progesterone are high it could be caused by unintentional exposure that can cause other hormones to elevate, progesterone balance is important because it counterbalanced the effects of too much estrogen and stops excessive DHT (dihydrotestosterone) being produced. Excessive estrone can cause breast enlargement, weight gain or depression so the Male hormone imbalance test is a tool to test for excessive estrone.
- Testosterone is produced in the testes and is part of the healthy Male reproductive system, testosterone assists in preserving lean body mass, cognitive function, none density, libido, red cell count, and bone density, testosterone is the primary androgen, it is a precursor to DHT (highly potent dihydrotestosterone) too much much testosterone can cause arteries to harden increasing the risk of heart disease, prostate problems, behavioral changes or an increase in total cholesterol.
- Luteinizing hormone (LH) is one of the pituitary hormones that stimulates the production of testosterone by the testes.
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is also an important part of the Male hormone test because excess levels of DHT could be linked to an enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia and Male pattern baldness, testosterone is changed into DHT during the aging process.
- Androstenedione is a reproductive hormone precursor one of the weak androgens, the hormone imbalance test looks at unchecked intake that could be causing too many estrogens being converted.
- DHEA is a hormone made in the adrenal glands as a forerunner to testosterone and estrogen, this hormone deficiency can be supplemented by hormone replacement therapy, of levels of DHEA parent checked it can change the balance between the hormones.
- Estradiol and Estrone are both estrogens that are produced by both sexes in the fat cells, high levels are associated with prostate cancer, breast enlargement, obesity and fat distribution, a decrease in Male testosterone levels can be controlled by controlling estrogen levels elevated levels lead to the promotion of fat deposits prostate enlargement and breast enlargement, the Male hormone imbalance test will check for high levels of this estrogen.
- Follicle stimulating hormone stimulates the production of sperm and is released from inside the pituitary gland within the brain.
Why have the Male hormone imbalance test done?
The Male hormone imbalance saliva test is by far the most affordable and comprehensive test for imbalances in Male hormones, the test is non-invasive without any pain, a saliva sample can be collected anywhere at any time in your own home, no fasting is required.
The test results are usually available online within 3-4 days, Male hormone imbalance test results are clinically reflective of your hormone levels, results mean that your healthcare provider can put in motion plans for hormone treatment to make up any deficits and hormone dosing mistakes will be eliminated. Measuring Male hormones because to have a healthy body a balance in hormones is necessary the Male hormone imbalance test results are used to get a figure of the body’s hormone production and to monitor hormone levels during and after hormone replacement therapy.
Where to get your Male hormone imbalance test
The test kit is ordered online and posted to your home address, all that you have to do is fast for 12 hours beforehand take a saliva sample and pop it into the prepaid envelope, you will already have created an online account at True Health Labs website, test results will be notified by email, just print them off and bring them to your doctor for the next step. Note the test isn’t available in New York state because of local restrictions to find out more about the Male hormone imbalance test go to the True Health Labs website here.
Note: True Health Labs are a private lab testing company set up over ten years ago by Doctor Brady Hurst to offer the least expensive and comprehensive lab testing facilities available to everyone, to find out more on the company go here.