Male hormone tests
If you are looking for information on Male hormone tests, hormone imbalances or the reasons why you should consider having a comprehensive Male hormone panel test then read on and get the answers to your questions.
What is a hormone imbalance?
A hormone imbalance occurs when there is too little or too much of a particular hormone on the body, a hormone imbalance can cause some very serious health problems such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease or disorder of the prostate gland.
It is more likely once you ho over 40 that a hormone imbalance will occur because specific hormone levels such as testosterone begin to reduce after that age, human growth hormones begin to sometimes decrease straight after puberty by as much as fourteen percent every ten years.
Why should you have Male hormone tests?
If you are suffering from symptoms of hormonal imbalances that range from sleep issues, lower testosterone levels and erectile dysfunction then a comprehensive Male hormone panel test will help you and your doctor to unearth the root cause of your symptoms. A comprehensive Male hormone panel test will start tracking your hormone levels and monitor imbalances early on so that your doctor can start treating the problem.
Hormone imbalance is particularly a bigger health risk on e you go over 65, for example if your testosterone levels are below average it can lead to a loss of bone density and increase the risk of a fracture.
The purpose of Male hormone tests is to determine whether you have hormonal imbalances that are affecting your mood or the health if your reproductive system, the most common of Male hormone tests is testosterone, the comprehensive Male hormone test looks at three types of testosterone in the bloodstream and they are:
- Free testosterone that is joined to the sex hormone binding globulin
- Testosterone that is bound to albumin a protein
- Estradiol or a form of estrogen that is produced in the testes, if higher than normal amounts are found it could be a sign of erectile dysfunction.
The comprehensive Male hormone panel blood test
The comprehensive Male hormone panel blood test is provided by Health Labs and provides an in depth look at your hormone profile and provides an evaluation of hormone levels that are linked to aging and overall health, it also measures certain indicators that could be the cause of hormone imbalances, an example is a deficiency in Vitamin B could be the cause of an underactive thyroid. Hormone imbalances in males are associated with:
- Sleep issues
- A general feeling of fatigue or decreased energy
- Erectile dysfunction
- Urinary problems
- Decreased libido
- Higher risk of a heart attack
- Hair loss or hair thinning
- Urinary issues
- Fat increase
- Poor immune function
Health labs have a large number of tests available to the public, the comprehensive Male panel includes the total number er of tests offered in the standard Male hormone panel and the following:
- Folic acid or folate vitamin b9 test measuring a deficiency of folic acid
- Homocysteine measures levels of homocysteine in the bloodstream to detect early signs of a vitamin b deficiency or cardiovascular disease.
- Vitamin b12 or cobalamin test to measure lower levels of vitamin b12 in the blood
- Haemoglobin A1c test or HbaAIC or called glycohemoglobin measures the precise amount of sugar in the blood during the past 8-12 weeks to check for any signs of prediabetes or type two diabetes.
- High sensitivity C-reactive protein or CRP measures the precise amount of CRP levels in the blood, this identifies inflammation in the body indicating that coronary artery disease could be present.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate test or DHEA it measures the exact amount of DHEA sulphate in your blood to evaluate the state of the adrenal glands.
Why would you use the Male hormone panel
If you have any of the above symptoms or health conditions it is important to find out which condition and what is causing the problem do that you can bring the Male hormone tests results to you doctor to get a decision on the best way to get you healthy again, other reasons to order the Male hormone panel are:
- It is affordable
- Less expensive than a blood and urine test combined
- Results are clinically more effective
- Results can help your doctor in a big way to devise a treatment plan with natural hormones
- Early detection is key to early health improvements
- Minimize taking the wrong hormones
- Testing is painless, non-invasive a sample can be taken locally at any time
Why is it important to measure male hormones?
A healthy body is dependent on a healthy balance of not just one but of many hormones, results from Male hormone tests are used in one of two ways, first and foremost to estimate the baseline hormone production in the body and second to monitor the hormone levels before and after natural hormone treatment.
Your doctor can use the information on hormone levels from the Male hormone panel test to get a better picture of your hormone imbalances and to work out a treatment for you that is going to restore your health.
Is fasting required?
Yes, you have to fast for these hormone tests, do not eat food or beverages except water for a minimum of eight hours before you go to a local lab, if you decide not to fast it could have an impact on the results.
Health labs provide a number of Male hormone tests, to be clear one is a comprehensive male hormone panel and the other is a standard male hormone panel, so what’s the difference?
The comprehensive Male hormone panel includes 100% of the tests from the Standard Male hormone panel and it also includes tests for vitamins, minerals and protein levels because they could also impact on your body’s hormonal imbalances and affect other body systems like the cardiovascular system, the Standard Male hormone panel does measure various hormone levels but not the vitamin and mineral levels.
What do you have to do
First you log on to the Health labs website here, pick the Male hormone tests that you want, order the test go to checkout and follow the instructions on where to go for your local blood test, or is necessary to fast, if you are already taking any kind of supplement especially ones that contain biotin you must stop them at least forty eight hours beforehand. In case of an inaccurate result.
To order your Male hormone tests simply log onto the Health Labs site here, buy the test that you need, print off the requisition form and take it to a lo al certified lab, you may visit your local lab without an appointment during business hours, your hormone test results will be emailed to you with an explanation of what the results mean.